Administrative Care Coordination Unit (ACCU) & Ombudsman Program
Phone: (410) 543-6942
Fax: (410) 543-6568
- Educates MA clients on how to utilize the MCO system appropriately and effectively navigate the Health Choice system.
- Provides education to pregnant women and families with children on how to apply and renew Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP) benefits.
- Provides education for MA recipients on the MCO enrollment process and the fee-for services system as well as reinforcement on how the managed care system works.
- Assures individuals who are enrolled in or are eligible for Medical Assistance appropriately access and utilize health care services.
- Educates recipients on the importance of timely follow up when appointments/treatments have been missed and the importance and availability of preventative health care, dental care, lead screening, immunizations for children, pap smears, mammograms, and self-referred services such as the ability to maintain an established prenatal care provider and out-of-network family planning services.
- Assists MA recipients who are not in care to re-enter the health care system, provides education on preventative health care, assistance in rescheduling appointments and in accessing transportation for appointments
Administrative Care Coordination Unit (ACCU):
The mission of ACCU is to provide education and outreach to Medical Assistance recipients to increase awareness of Medical
Attempt to resolve disputes by educating the MCO/MCO provider and the enrollee; utilize mediation or other dispute resolution techniques; assist the enrollee in negotiating the MCO’s internal grievance process and advocate on behalf of the enrollee throughout the MCO internal grievance and appeals process.