Healthy Families Program
Phone: (410) 543-6942
Fax: (410) 543-6568
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Who We Are:
We are a voluntary, evidence-based home visiting program modeled after the nationally renowned initiative Healthy Families America (HFA). Healthy Families Wicomico has been accredited and meets the standards for Home Visitation Services as established in the critical elements of HFA.
What We Do:
We come to you! A home visitor will come to your home for a scheduled visit to do activities for the following:
- Provide education for a healthy pregnancy and delivery
- Education on child growth and development
- Educate about child safety
- Encourage child health, including increased birth weight
- Strengthening the parent-child relationship
- Increasing family self-sufficiency and enhancing family functioning by teaching problem solving skills, building trusting relationships and the improving family support system
- Promote school readiness
- Offer resources for services and referrals
- Pregnant or parenting families.
- Enrollment preferably no later than the first three months after birth of your infant.
- Families can receive services until the child becomes 5 years of age.
- Healthy Families Brochure (English) (Español) (Kreyòl) (Français)
- Click here to go to an AWESOME site full of educational videos!
Healthy Families Wicomico
Healthy Families Wicomico is voluntary, evidence-based home visiting program modeled after the nationally renowned initiative Healthy Families America (HFA) . Healthy Families strives to provide all expectant and new parents with the opportunity to receive the education and support they need.