WiCHD Social Media Comment Policy
The goal of the Wicomico County Health Department (WiCHD) is to disseminate information to as many individuals in the community as possible. Our policy is to accept the majority of comments made to our social media profiles. We encourage participants to be civil and abide by the usage guidelines established by the social media platform. In addition, please be aware of the following:
- We monitor WiCHD-sponsored social media profiles and pages, but are not responsible for the content generated by
- Comments, links and images posted by non-WiCHD personnel may not necessarily represent the views of WiCHD.
- Content posted on WiCHD’s social media accounts becomes public record.
- Our profiles and pages may contain website links and advertising from the social media platform. This does not constitute endorsement by WiCHD.
- Administrators reserve the right to delete submissions including:
- profanity and vulgar or abusive language;
- personal attacks or threats of any kind;
- offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, religious group or sexual orientation;
- sensitive information (for example, information that could compromise public safety or ongoing investigations);
- spam or links to other sites;
- comments not typically related to particular social medium article being commented upon/clearly off topic;
- comments that advocate illegal activity;
- promotion of particular services, products or political organizations/candidates;
- copyright or trademark infringement;
- personally identifiable medical information.
- Please do not post personal information such as address, social security number, health conditions and other confidential/private information.
- WiCHD will answer questions during state business offices hours as time permits. Be cautious of answers from other users as the information may not be correct.
- If you have an immediate concern, we recommend contacting the specific division, program or property using the phone number listed on www.wicomicohealth.org.
- Information shared on WiCHD’s social media platforms is not intended as a final rule for legal situations. There may be specific subjects such as litigation, licensing processes, permitting, etc., which we will not discuss using social media outlets.
- We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech and to respond politely.
Violations of the above guidelines may result in the author being banned from all WiCHD-sponsored social media efforts. This can occur without warning and at our discretion. Please contact [email protected] with