Opioid Misuse Prevention Program (OMPP)
What are Opioids?
Opioids are substances that act on opioid receptors to produce morphine-like effects. Opioids are most often used medically to relieve pain, and by people addicted to opioids.
Types of Opioids
What you should know about opioids:
- Opioids are highly addictive.
- When abused, even a single large dose can cause severe respiratory failure, which can lead to death.
- Exposure to opioids in utero increases the risk of defects in the baby’s brain, heart, spine and abdominal wall.
- Taking too much opioid medication can result in overdose and death.
- Combining opioids with alcohol, sleep aids or muscle relaxers increase
Good Samaritan Law
• Videos on Good Samaritan Law •