COVE BEACH CLOSURE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Jennifer Johnson
(410) 219-3947 (Office)
(410) 251-5379 (Cell)
(August 18, 2023, Salisbury, MD) Cove Beach, located in Bivalve, MD, is closed due to elevated bacteria levels. The beach will be retested Monday with results expected back by Tuesday. We will inform the public when the levels are back to normal.
Exposure to bacteria, viruses, and parasites in contaminated water can cause symptoms and diseases ranging from ear, nose, and eye infections to diarrhea, vomiting, hepatitis, encephalitis, skin rashes, and respiratory illnesses.
● Pay attention to contamination and advisory warnings and stay out of polluted water.
● Avoid swimming at beaches after heavy rainfall.
● Stay out of murky or foul-smelling water.
● Avoid beach water if you have an open wound or infection.
● Swim without putting your head under water.
For questions, residents may call the Department of Environmental Health at (410) 546- 4446 or