Falls Prevention for Seniors
Falls Prevention Partnership
The coronavirus pandemic has changed a lot of things. One thing that’s still the same is that falling is NOT a normal part of aging. Falls are one of the greatest causes of serious injuries and death among people over age 65, but most falls can be prevented.
The Wicomico County Health Department and MAC, Inc. are partnering to empower older adults in Wicomico County to reduce their risk of falls through awareness, education and community programs.
MAC, with funding from Wicomico Health, will expand its falls prevention programs in the community. Programs include:
- Stepping On, a 7-week program that directly addresses risks associated with falling.
- Tai Ji Quan, Moving for Better Balance, a 24-week program that uses several forms of Tai Chi movements as therapy. and is suitable for all fitness levels.
- Enhance Fitness, a 24-week program group exercise program that features cardio, strength and balance exercises.
- Tai Ji Quan and Enhance Fitness are suitable for all fitness levels.
- Programs will be offered virtually and/or in-person. All in-person programs will follow CDC COVID-19.
- Visit www.macinc.org for program information.