Phone: (410) 219-3957
Fax: (410) 543-6975
Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Why Prepare? Three good reasons:
- You can reduce fear, anxiety, and losses that accompany disasters.
- You can reduce the impact of disasters and sometimes avoid the danger completely.
- You should know how to respond to severe weather or any disaster that could occur in your area – hurricanes, earthquakes, extreme cold, flooding, or terrorism.
This and more information can be found in FEMA’s “Are You Ready?” Publication. To get YOUR free copy call the FEMA Distribution Center at 1-800-480-2520.
A Few Recommended Items to Include in a Basic Emergency Supply Kit:
- Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
- Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Can opener for food (if kit contains canned food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio – don’t forget spare batteries!
- Flashlight – don’t forget spare batteries!
- First aid kit