Colorectal Cancer Screening Program
Phone: (410) 548-5175
Fax: (410) 543-6964
- Colorectal Cancer screening program
- Community Outreach and presentations.
- Navigation for clients who qualify.
- Doctor Referral
Fact Sheets (click for printable pdf files)
Colorectal Cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in Maryland.
We do Health Fairs too!!!!
Screening for colorectal cancer saves lives. Call us to see if you are eligible to receive a screening at no cost to you.
- A Wicomico County resident
- Age 50 or older or have an increased risk due to family or personal history of colorectal cancer
- Income 250% of Federal Poverty or below
- Uninsured, underinsured (have co-pays/deductible) or
- Have health insurance but have not been able to be screened
* If you are having symptoms or are under age 50, you must have a doctor referral for colorectal cancer screening as part of eligibility
Signs or symptoms of colorectal cancer:
Although the signs can vary, common symptoms of colorectal cancer may include
- no signs or symptoms at all,
- an ongoing change of bowel habits (diarrhea, constipation, or feeling that the bowel does not empty completely),
- stools that are narrower than usual,
- blood (either bright red or very dark) in the stool,
- rectal bleeding,
- frequent gas pains, bloating, fullness, or abdominal cramps,
- weight loss for no known reason,
- feeling very tired (weakness and fatigue)
Not sure if you qualify? Feeling overwhelmed making appointments?
What can we do to help you?
We can offer navigation to individuals who have a difficult time getting or making appointments in the healthcare system.
We assist with:
- Making your appointments
- Calling with reminders for appointments
- Make follow up phone calls after procedure to make sure there were no complications.
- Call you with test results and discuss the results so you can understand them.
- We place you in our recall system so we can call you in the future for a reminder you are due for another test
We can help you navigate the healthcare system.
To see if you qualify for our program, call 410-548-5175 or fill out this brief form to be contacted by a nurse: