Tobacco Use Prevention & Control Program
A Program of the Prevention and Health Communications Department
Funded by: Cigarette Restitution Fund Program, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
SMOKING CESSATION SUCCESS STORIES FROM YOUR FRIENDS IN WICOMICO COUNTY!
Smoking Cessation: Are YOU READY to Quit for Good?
Stopping smoking is a GREAT choice! It is one of the most important things you can do to improve and extend your life.
** NEW 10 WEEK Community Class:
Consider YOUR Options
- Cold Turkey: Completely stop smoking. Zero cigarettes. No quit aid medications.
- Step Down: Wean yourself off of cigarettes and nicotine by smoking less each day or each week.
- Quit Aid Medications: These medications can help to reduc nicotine cravings and ease withdrawl symptoms. Nicotine replacement patches, gum, lozenges, Zyban, and Chantix, are some of the most popular quit aids.
- Counseling Support: Group and individual sessions, phone quitlines and Internet sites can help connect you to professional quit coaches and others who are also quitting smoking.
How WE can help!
The Wicomico County Cessation Program offers both group and individual support sessions/counseling. We also offer low cost quit aid medications (Nicotine Patches or Lozenges, or Chantix.) In order to take part in the program, you must:
- Reside in Wicomico County;
- Provide a signed medical clearance form and written prescription if you have chosen Chantix;
- Attend support sessions for at least 10 weeks.
MEDICATIONS provided at no cost
Nicotine Replacement Patches, Nicotine Lozenges, Chantix. (Medical Clearance From For Chantix: Click Here )
Group Support Sessions
Group support sessions are offered once a week at the Wicomico County Health Department (108 East Main Street, Salisbury, MD)
Thursdays: 12:00pm - 1:00pm, 4th floor (enter through the top level of city parking garage from East Market Street)
Onsite Workplace Smoking Cessation Program
We provide onsite support sessions/counseling for workplaces. For more information call (410) 334-3480.
Health Care Provider Trainings
Looking to learn more about how to do brief interventions and counseling with smokers? Want to learn more about our programs or how to refer patients to the Cessation Program? We offer free training sessions for healthcare providers in Wicomico County. Call (410) 334-3480 for more information.
BREAST CANCER PREVENTION
"Closing The Gap: Hispanic Women and Breast Cancer"
CHRONIC DISEASE PREVENTION
Personal Health Assessments
Worksite Wellness Programs
Walking & Activity Programs
Executive Fitness Council
DRUG FREE COMMUNITIES
DRUG USE PREVENTION
Adult & Youth Drug Use Prevention
Preschool ATOD Prevention
Car Seat Safety
Safe Kids Lower Shore Maryland
TOBACCO USE PREVENTION & CONTROL
Ready to Quit for Good?
Cigarette Restitution Fund (CRF) Coalition
VISION & HEARING
Return to PHC Home