MEDICAL ASSISTANCE TRANSPORTATION
OUR PHONE #
OUR OFFICE HOURS
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
Seth H. Hurdle Building
108 East Main Street
Salisbury, MD 21804
Medical Assistance Transportation for Wicomico County
The Wicomico County Health Department oversees the Maryland Medical Assistance Transportation Program to provide complimentary non-emergency transportation to qualified Medical Assistance Recipients.
Medical Assistance recipients with QMB, SLMB, Family Planning only and Medicare only DO NOT qualify for this service
Appointments must be medically necessary
The medical provider/medical facility must accept Maryland Medicaid as payment for services
You must have no other way to get to your appointment
You must live or be going to a medical appointment more than 3/4 of a mile from a public transportation bus stop*
Call (410) 548-5142 to see if you qualify
*Note: If you do live near a bus stop and cannot ride the bus due to a medical condition, you may qualify with written confirmation from your doctor. Click HERE for the form.
- Call (410) 548-5142 to schedule your ride.
- For local trips, rides must be scheduled by 12 noon the day before the ride is needed.
- For long distance trips, rides must be scheduled by 12 noon two days before the ride is needed.
- Be aware that all customers will be subject to a screening process to determine eligibility for services.
- Scheduling lines are very busy. You are strongly advised to call several days in advance and DO NOT wait until the day before your appointment to call.
- Shore Transit is currently contracted to provide curb-to-curb paratransit service for Wicomico Medicaid Service.
- Once your appointment is scheduled, on the day before the appointment, call Shore Transit at (443) 260-2300 between 3:00pm-5:00pm to get your estimated pick-up time.
- Your full name, address, date of birth, telephone number
- Your 11-digit Medical Assistance number
- The name/address of the medical facility and doctor where you are going.
- How long your visit/procedure is expected to take.
Any special accomodations you may need:
- Are you a wheelchair user? Do you have a ramp where you live?
- Will someone else be going with you?
- Do you use a cane, walker, service animal?
- Do you carry an oxygen tank?
It is important to cancel your scheduled ride at least two hours before your scheduled pick-up time.
Call Shore Transit at (443) 260-2300 to cancel your ride.
- Failure to ride the bus once it arrives at your home or doctor's office is considered a "no show" and an excessive number of no shows may result in losing your riding privileges.
The current contractor is Hart to Heart Ambulance, 1-866-276-9554.
A Physicians Certification Statement (PCS) is required. Click HERE for form.
All service is for non-emergency transports.
- If you are a wheelchair user and are traveling to/from Peninsula Regional Medical Center or HealthSouth, Hart to Heart will be the provider of service.
Other Important Phone Numbers
Shore Transit: (443) 260-2300
- City Cab: (410) 749-TAXI (8294)
- Hart to Heart Ambulance Service: (866) 276-9554
Somerset County MA Transportation: (443) 523-1722
- Worcester County MA Transportation: (410) 632-0092
Shore Transit only visits locations EAST of the Bay Bridge on TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS. Your appointment time must be between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm, and you MUST schedule your ride no later than 12 noon two business days before your appointment.
Locations include, but are not limited to: Cambridge, Centreville, Chestertown, Denton, Easton, Kent Island, Stevensville, Vienna, Wye Mills
Due to high traffic volume during the summer months, Shore Transit does not travel to Baltimore or other locations WEST of the Bay Bridge on FRIDAYS, June through September. Please have your long-distance appointments scheduled for other days. Your appointment time must be between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm, and you MUST schedule your ride no later than 12 noon two business days before your appointment.
Locations include, but are not limited to: Annapolis, Bel Air, Bowie, Catonsville, Cheverly, Glen Burnie, Pikesville, Timonium