MEDICAL ASSISTANCE TRANSPORTATION
OUR PHONE #
OUR OFFICE HOURS
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
Seth H. Hurdle Building
108 East Main Street
Salisbury, MD 21804
Our office will be closed on the following days:
- Wednesday, December 24th -- Services Available
- Thursday, December 25th -- Services NOT Available
- Wednesday, December 31st -- Services Available
- Thursday, January 1st -- Services NOT Available
- Medical Assistance recipients with QMB, SLMB, Family Planning Only and Medicare only DO NOT qualify for this service
- Appointments must be medically necessary
- The medical provider/medical facility must accept Maryland Medicaid as payment for services
- You must not own a car, and have no other way to get to your appointment
- You must live or be going to a medical appointment more than 3/4 of a mile from a public transportation bus stop*
- Call (410) 548-5142 to see if you qualify
*Note: If you do live near a bus stop and cannot ride the bus due to a medical condition, you may qualify with written confirmation from your doctor. Click HERE for the form.
Effective June 26, 2014, For any trips out of the area (over 30 miles), we are now required to have a referral on file BEFORE the trip takes place. It will be the client's responsibility to obtain the referral from their physician. Forms should be faxed directly to our office at (410) 219-2885. If no form is received, no transportation will be arranged.
Scheduling Your Ride
- All service must be requested by 12 noon at least two business days before the ride is needed (Effective May 1, 2014), but can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance.
- Be aware that all customers will be subject to a screening process to determine eligibility for services.
- Shore Transit and City Cab are currently contracted to provide the curb-to-curb service. So that you are ready when the transportation arrives, you must call the vendor you were scheduled with (you will be notified upon making the appointment) after 3 p.m. the day before your scheduled ride to get your estimated pick up time.
Call (410) 548-5142 to schedule your ride, and have the following information available:
- Your full name, address, date of birth, telephone number
- Your 11-digit Medical Assistance number
- The name/address of the medical facility and doctor where you are going.
- How long your visit/procedure is expected to take.
Any special accomodations you may need:
- Are you a wheelchair user? Do you have a ramp where you live?
- Will someone else be going with you?
- Do you use a cane or walker? Will you need the lift on the bus?
- Do you carry an oxygen tank?
Non-Emergency Ambulance & Certain Wheelchair Services
- The current contractor is Lifestar Response, 410-546-0809.
- A Physicians Certification Statement (PCS) is required. Click HERE for form.
- All service is for non-emergency transports.
- If you are a wheelchair user and are traveling to/from Peninsula Regional Medical Center or HealthSouth, Lifestar will be the provider of service.
- Medical Assistance Transportation Brochure - English
- Medical Assistance Transportation Brochure - Spanish (COMING SOON)
- Medical Assistance Transportation Brochure - Haitian Creole (COMING SOON)
- Shore Transit Website
- State Medical Assistance Transportation Website
- Services Covered by Maryland Medical Assistance (Medicaid)
- Medical Assistance Statewide Provider Certification Form
The Wicomico County Health Department oversees the Maryland Medical Assistance Transportation Program to provide complimentary, non-emergency transportation to qualified Medical Assistance Recipients.
To determine your eligibility, call us at (410) 548-5142.
Effective September 1, 2014:We will only transport Wicomico Residents to locations in Somerset and Worcester Counties on TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS. Please schedule your future appointments on one of these days.
Transportation only visits locations EAST of the Bay Bridge on TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS. Your appointment time must be between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm, and you MUST schedule your ride no later than 12 noon two business days before your appointment.
Locations include, but are not limited to: Cambridge, Centreville, Chestertown, Denton, Easton, Kent Island, Stevensville, Vienna, Wye Mills
Other Important Phone Numbers
- Shore Transit: (443) 260-2300
- City Cab: (410) 749-TAXI (8294)
- Lifestar Response: (410) 546-0809
- Somerset County MA Transportation: (443) 523-1722
- Worcester County MA Transportation: (410) 632-0092